Senior Services Amenities
Entertainment, educational sessions, and other activities of interest are offered periodically throughout the year. Check the calendar of events regularly for up to date information. Some of the programs available are highlighted below:
- "55 Alive" Defensive Driving Classes: Four-hour refresher classes and and the 8-hour original class is offered periodically. Advanced registration and payment are required.
- Birthday Parties: We honor our birthday celebrants each month, with a special menu and entertainment beginning at 11:00 a.m.
- Blood Pressure Checks: Generally offered Wednesdays 10:00 a.m. - Noon.
- Bunco: Wednesdays at 1:00 p.m., this is a friendly dice game played with 4 people at a table. Players rotate after one complete round of play. Rules are explained to new players, as it is a fun, easy - to - learn game.
- Foot Care Services: Call Happy Helpers Foot Care at (763) 560-5136 for an appointment on the first Wednesday of each month.
- Square Dancing: Meets 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 9:30. Some exceptions.
- Health Insurance Counseling: Free service by trained/certified volunteers. Call (763) 422-7528 for one-on-one appointment.
- Wood Carving Class: Held most Thursdays at 1:00 p.m. This is a relaxed carving group and all levels of experience are welcome, from beginners to seasoned carvers.
Choose to participate in a specific event, or just stop by for relaxation, conversation, or information. A friendly atmosphere is what we strive to achieve. Newsletters are available upon request. You can stop by the senior center to pick one up, download one from this site, or call and leave your address to be added to the mailing list.