Place items in single sort* container provided by your refuse hauler. Place the bin 2 ft. behind the curb on the same day your garbage is collected.
What can be recycled curbside in Coon Rapids?
- Boxboard - cereal, cake, fruit snacks (any box that does not go in your refrigerator or freezer). No pop or beer cases.
- Cans - food and beverage containers only - aluminum, steel, and tin cans
- Cardboard - corrugated only
- Glass - bottles and jars. Rinse, remove lids.
- Magazines - all types
- Newspapers - all parts of Sunday paper are acceptable
- Plastic bottles - all plastic bottles with a small neck (#1, #2), such as pop, milk, water, juice, ketchup, syrup, laundry soap, etc. Rinse, remove caps. Unacceptable plastic: bags and wrap, flower pots, jars and tubs such as peanut butters, yogurt and margarine, pails such as ice cream and motor oil bottles.
- Telephone books - white and yellow pages
- Other items - check with your refuse hauler.
*Single sort: all recyclables can be co-mingled together in the same cart. No sorting is needed.
If you recyclables were at the curb by 6:30 a.m. on your collection day and were not picked up:
- Call your hauler
- Hold items until your next recycling day, or
- Bring them to the Coon Rapids Recycling Center, 1831 111th Ave on Wednesday or Saturday between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
For specific refuse and recyling collection information, please contact your private refuse hauler.
- Colleen Sinclair - Recycling Coordinator,
Coon Rapids Recycling
1831 111th Avenue
Coon Rapids, MN 55433
Center Hours - Wednesday and Saturday 9:00 a.m-3:00 p.m