Coon Rapids Parks Division
Since 1959, when the city incorporated, forward-thinking Coon Rapids city officials set aside natural and open areas as public space for the outdoor enjoyment of residents. Parks Brochure and Map.
Coon Rapids takes great pride in our park system. With over 40 neighborhood parks and more than 20 miles of trails, our system offers a variety of choices with numerous available activities including athletic fields, ice rinks, sliding hills, skate parks, play areas, and much more.
The Parks Division Maintains:
- Play structures and amenities located within city parks
- Athletic fields and facilities
- Coon Rapids' trail system and park related pathways
- Ice rinks, sliding hills, and related facilities
- Park related buildings and rental facilities
Other Parks Division duties:
- Park design and re-construction
- Winter snow removal in city park parking lots and trails
- Gregg Engle - Parks Supervisor
- Ryan Gunderson - Recreation Coordinator
Coon Rapids is host to more than 20 miles of trails, 40 neighborhood parks, the Mississippi River and two county regional parks which make it a regional epicenter of outdoor recreation for residents and visitors.