Coon Rapids Housing
The City of Coon Rapids is committed to ensuring that its housing stock remains sound and residents enjoy a variety of housing options.
Neighborhood Reinvestment Division
The Neighborhood Reinvestment Division oversees issues related to housing and neighborhoods in the City. Its responsibilities include:
- Addressing property maintenance complaints, such as property use, outdoor storage, trash, weeds, signs, junk vehicles and similar concerns.
- Issuing rental licenses and inspecting rental dwellings.
- Providing funds for Home Improvement Loans.
- Administering various programs to encourage improvements to the City’s housing stock.
- All rental properties must be licensed by the City of Coon Rapids before tenants move in to the unit – including single family homes. An inspection of the property is a required step in obtaining a rental license.
- There are approximately 5,200 rental units in the City of Coon Rapids
- For more information, refer to City Code Chapter 12-900 or call the Neighborhood Reinvestment Division at 763-767-6575 or 763-767-6420.
- Marc Nevinski - Director - 763-767-6430
- Cheryl Bennett - Housing & Zoning Coordinator - 763-767-6422
- Kristin DeGrande - Neighborhood Coordinator - 763-767-6517
- Michelle Posch - Housing Inspector - 763-767-6575
- Leya Drabczak - Housing Inspector - 763-767-6420
- Adam Mitlyng - Code Enforcement Tech - 763-767-6470
- Weed/Tall Grass Complaint Hotline - 763-951-7200
Coon Rapids is a wonderful place to live, work and raise a family. The city offers many affordable housing options, a wide variety of entertainment and recreation options and ample retail choices for today's diverse family.