New Dog Park Opens at Bunker Hills Regional Park
Located near the Compost Site, off Hanson Boulevard and 133rd Avenue
(August 16, 2013) – There’s a new place for dog owners to take their four-legged friends to play in Coon Rapids.
A new dog park opened recently near the Compost Site in Bunker Hills Regional Park. The project is a joint partnership between Anoka County and the cities of Coon Rapids and Andover.
The park is open every day from 6 a.m. until a half hour after sunset and the public may use the park free of charge.
Park patrons are asked to adhere to the following guidelines:All dogs must be legally licensed and vaccinated before entering the off-leash area.
- Dogs shall be leashed when entering & exiting off-leash area and owners in possession of a leash at all times.
- No more than three dogs per handler are permitted at one time in off-leash area.
- Children must be closely supervised by an adult when in off-leash area.
- Dog owners must be in control of their dog(s) at all time.
- Dog owners may not let their dog(s) out of sight.
- Dog owners must leash their dog(s) at first sign of aggression or unruly behavior.
- Dog owners are liable for damage or injury inflicted by their dog.
- No unauthorized furniture allowed, including tables and chairs.
- No dog food or treats allowed in off-leash area.
- Dog owners shall not permit their dog(s) to bark on a continuous or frequent basis.
- Dogs are not permitted to dig in the off-leash area.
- Dogs in heat are not permitted in off-leash area.
- All personal property, including water jugs, bowls and toys must be removed daily.
- Dog owners must pick up and dispose of pet waste in the dumpster outside of fence.
- Personal lawn furniture and other chairs are not permitted in the dog park.
- Users of the off-leash area shall comply with all other Anoka County Park Ordinances.
- Please help keep the dog park clean and safe by removing all garbage, pet waste and personal property from the off-leash area when you leave
Trackside dog park, formerly located at 10425 Hummingbird Street, is no longer in operation