Business Licensing

Some types of businesses need to be licensed by the City of Coon Rapids. Licenses are obtained through the City Clerk's department. License fees apply and vary according to the type of license obtained.

Business licensing is required for the following types of sales and establishments:     

How to Apply

  • Application forms can be sent by email to the applicant. Email request to the City Clerk.
  • Forms can also be picked up in person at the Coon Rapids City Center during regular business hours (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)

Applications may take up to 30 days to process. Once your application is processed, the City Clerk will contact you.

Why Solicitors Need a License
Anyone selling products and services door-to-door must be licensed with the City. There are some exceptions to this (newspaper delivery as well as food delivery services). More information can be found in City Code.
Individuals traveling door-to-door should be wearing their City-issued badge. The badge must be worn at all times. Solicitors must also carry their official City license.

If a peddler or for-profit solicitor comes to your door and is not wearing a City-issued badge, please let us know by calling 763-767-6432. Soliciting hours are from 9 a.m. and 8 p.m.  

If you encounter any issues or have problems with a peddler/solicitor, please contact the Coon Rapids Police Department by calling 911.